[Introspective] Final results of poll on "PSB merchandising"

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 20 22:12:17 PST 2010

site visitors whether they were happy with "PSB merchandising." And the
response that received the largest number of votes was:

* "I can't say. I've never bought anything from their official online store
or any other 'PSB merchandise' aside from their CDs and DVDs," chosen by
36.5% of the voters.

button in the left navigation bar.

I'm asking you to put your thinking caps on for my new poll this week.
Imagine the Pet Shop Boys are planning to release a five-CD boxed set that
will constitute their "definitive career retrospective." They want it to
appeal to the widest possible audience, including not only die-hard fans but
also more casual fans and even non-fans who have yet to buy any PSB music
but who are open to the prospect. Now, imagine also that they've asked for
*your* opinion on the percentage breakdown of this boxed-set's contents:
singles, non-single album tracks, b-sides, demos, remixes, previously
unreleased songs, live recordings, etc. What would you say? - with the
caveats that no one category can make up more that 50% of the contents and
the total has to come to 100% (duh!). So please take a few minutes to check
out the choices right there on my home page, mull it over, work out the
percentages, and then "fill out the form" and submit your vote whenever
you're ready. And thanks so much to Dave F. to suggesting this challenging
question!

Thanks also to everyone who voted in this past week's survey! And I hope you
all have a great week ahead!