[Introspective] Final results of survey on creative PSB-related things done by fans

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 8 22:13:54 PDT 2009

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors what personally creative things they have ever done that's
somehow related to the Pet Shop Boys. And the two choices that received the
most votes (it was a tie) were --

* "I have created my own remix or mashup of a Pet Shop Boys song and have
shared it with others (including but not limited to online distribution)"
and

* "I have created original graphic art (such as a drawing or digital
adaptation of a photo) that's somehow related to the Pet Shop Boys and have
shared it with others"

-- both of which were selected by 14.4% of the voters.

http:///www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Past Survey Results"
button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is the first of a two-parter focusing on
"non-singles." If it were up to you to compile a new Pet Shop Boys album
titled, say, "Overlooked 1," consisting of one non-single song from each of
their "studio albums" (I'm counting "Relentless "and "Disco 3" for the
purposes of this poll), which twelve songs would you choose? (Part 2 will
deal with songs that haven't appeared on any of the studio albums.) So
please take a few moments to visit my website, check out the choices there
on the home page, decide which selection from each album would be best for
this imaginary album, and then "mark your ballot." And thanks so much to
Chris Horst for suggesting the question on which this poll is based. I've
made some modifications to his original idea, but he still deserves the
credit.

Thanks also to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I hope you all have
a fantastic week ahead!