[Introspective] Final results on buying recent PSB-related tracks

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 8 22:16:31 PST 2008

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors whether they were planning to buy or had already bought the
Pet Shop Boys-related tracks "I'm in Love with a German Film Star" and/or
"The Loving Kind." And, perhaps not surprisingly, the responses that
received the most votes were:

* "Yes!" for "I'm in Love with a German Film Star," chosen by 46.3% of the
voters, and

* "Yes!" for "The Loving Kind," selected by 40.7% of the voters.

button in the left navigation bar. Actually, what I find much more
interesting is that "Maybe" turned out to be the second-place choice for
"The Loving Kind," whereas it was the third-place choice for "...German Film
Star." In other words, there's more uncertainty or ambivalence about "The
Loving Kind," while more people have made up their mind one way or the other
about the other track.

My new poll for the week ahead is inspired by the recent news that the BPI
(British Phonographic Industry) will give its Outstanding Contribution to
Music Award to the Pet Shop Boys at the next Brits Awards in February. As is
usual for such awards shows, this award each year is presented by a fellow
artist. So let's play the "will" and "should" game. Who do you think will
present this special award to Neil and Chris? And, regardless who you think
will present it, who do you think *should* present it to them? I offered a
set of good choices, but if you like you can choose "Someone else" and make
your own nominations, so to speak. So please mull this over and, when you're
ready, make your choices right there on my home page. Thanks to José for
suggesting this terrific question!

And thanks to all of you who voted in this past week's survey! I hope you
all have a delightful week ahead!