[Introspective] Final results of PSB album "melancholy rating" poll

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 20 13:20:53 CST 2008

The final results are in for my survey this past week in which I asked my
site visitors to rate the "melancholy" of each Pet Shop Boys studio album
on a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 meaning "Not melancholy at all" and 10
meaning "Completely, despairingly melancholy." And the album that ended up
with the highest average rating -- that is, the "most melancholy" -- was:

* "Behaviour," with an average "melancholy rating" of 7.490.

And the one that had the lowest ("least melancholy") rating was:

* "Relentless," with an average "melancholy rating" of 2.625.

button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is a rare "rerun" of a question that I first
asked nearly seven years ago. But I had far few weekly voters back then as
well as several fewer options to include in the poll. What is your favorite
PSB album cover art or packaging? Please take a moment to mull this over
and then, when you're ready, please make your choice right there on my home
page. And thanks to Rik for suggesting this "repeat question" some time ago.

In fact, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And here's
wishing you all a superb week ahead!