[Introspective] Intro alive and kicking...

Erik Cedergren ecgn at algonet.se
Sat Aug 25 03:01:37 PDT 2007

Hi all!

         For a long time, the only mails that appeared on Intro were the
monthly (?) subscription reminders, and Wayne's weekly polls. (I am very
impressed by the latter by the way, what a wealth of info on petheads he
must have amassed by now.)

         Then came Lydia. Some people have been slagging her off, others
have been supporting her, but the fact of the matter is, whether you
like her or not, *she* has brought life back to this dying list. I may
be old, but I'm not too fond of web forums, I have way too much to do at
work to be active on those. I've been on Intro since 1993, and it is
still the best way for me to keep up to date with PSB, when I have the
time for it. I *want* Intro to survive!

         Of course, with the increased activity came the inevitable
flame wars, and names and words that should have been left unspoken were
uttered. No single person is to blame for this, this is just the natural
result of people caring strongly about things. We all care, we but not
necessarily agree!

         In the 14 or so years I've been on this list, I have seen
people, discussion threads, morons, saints, you name it, come and go. If
someone in particular annoys you, there is always spam filtering. It
works perfectly, trust me on that! :) Block their addresses, or just
delete their mails as they appear! I know that this may be hard, and I
will probably end up on someones bad list because of my saying this, but
to true petheads, the list as a whole is more important than any single
egghead trying to ruin things for the rest of us.

         Finally, a bow to Lydia, for having the time and energy to do
what the rest of us have been very bad at - keeping Intro alive and
kicking! I may not always agree with you, but you really do care, and in
my book, that counts!

//ecgn (suffering from delusions of adequacy)
--
Any use of this email address falls under the terms of the End User
License Agreement (EULA) specified at the following location:

Direct responses to this e-mail, sent within 10 days, are exempt
from the terms stated in the EULA.