[Introspective] American wants exclusive UK downloads

John Turpin justified_type at mac.com
Wed May 24 05:42:05 PDT 2006

At 5:33 AM -0400 5/24/06, Régent Champigny wrote:
>However, being in the USA I can't get them.
>
>I've gone to each of the download sites the Boys' web site recommends
>for purchase. They're all British, meaning you must have a British
>address in order to purchase any tunes. And of course, iTunes has the
>same policy.

I offer no solution, but I wanted to mention that
I'm in the same boat. I can preview the tracks
from the iTunes UK store, but if I place the
tracks in my cart, I get knocked back to the US
store. It's impossible to buy them. Perhaps when
the album is released in the US, someone will
remember that there are fans in the US.

And perhaps someone at EMI will look at the
prices that the "Stupid" remix promo CDs are
fetching on eBay, and will realize that there is
demand for these on physical media.