[Introspective] Final results of poll on "Fundamental" chart performance

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 12 07:31:54 PST 2006

Now that the technical problems that prevented me from ending one survey
and starting another have been resolved, the final results are *finally* in
for my poll last week in which I asked my site visitors how they think
"Fundamental" will fare on the album charts compared to "Release." And the
response that received the most votes was:

* "I think it will do better than 'Release'," with a whopping 75.2% of the
total vote!

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Survey Results" button
in the left navigation bar.

Recently I was talking to a friend about the Pet Shop Boys and my website,
and he asked whether most of my site visitors (and perhaps most PSB fans)
are gay. I said that, based on a poll that I ran a couple years ago, no,
they weren't. But then he wondered whether there was a difference in this
area between my American and non-American site visitors. Are most of my
U.S. site visitors gay, while most non-Americans aren't? I said that I
couldn't answer that question—that although I had done a demographic
breakdown by geographic location as well, I had no data correlating
location and sexual orientation. So he suggested that I try to find out. So
for my poll this week I'm wondering where you would appear on a small
demographic matrix of PSB fans. So when you get the chance, please take a
moment to make your choice right there on my home page. And I hope you
don't mind being part of such a "clinical" survey ;-) -- and please rest
assured that, as usual, this poll is completely anonymous. I can't tell how
you vote or even who votes unless you were to email me separately and tell
me.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have
a terrific week ahead!