[Introspective] Re: Yay!

Visually69 at aol.com Visually69 at aol.com
Sun Sep 7 09:11:23 PDT 2003

<<Well, I'm not a native speaker but I think "nightlife" *is* a "single
word". I found it at least in all dictionaries and thesauruses I looked through...>>

I did not mean to suggest or imply that "nightlife" does not exist as a
single word. I was simply pointing out that it is derived of two separate and
distinct words which have, over time, been melded together onto one. Regardless of
its "singleness," it's basically a "two-word word." The same goes for
"popart," except that the capitol A (PopArt), if it really stays this way, would be a
clear indication that two words are intended, even though they are written as
one. So my basic point is that with such titles as Nightlife and PopArt, the
PSB are creatively "suggesting" two words.

-Ali