[Introspective] PopArtMix

Derek B Donnell derekbd at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 14 14:12:42 PST 2003

In the grand tradition of fans all over, I have created my own set of
"greatest hits" taking PopArt as my starting point.  Despite the desire in a
few cases (Home & dry, To step aside) I have decided to stick to official
mixes.  So here's my track listing ... 2 (Pop&Art) divided by 4 (CDs)

Pet Shop Boys
PopMix01

01  We're the Pet Shop Boys
02  Go West (Mark Stent 12" mix)
03  Suburbia (club vocal mix)
04  Se a vida é (Mark Picchiotti's Deep and dark vocal)
05  Home and dry (Blank & Jones Anthem mix)
06  What have I done to deserve this? (Pettibone/Vasquez dub)
07  Always on my mind (PSB/Harding remix)
08  I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing (Voxigen mix)
09  Heart (disco mix)
10  Miracles (Eric Prydz remix)

PopMix02

01  Love comes quickly (Shep Pettibone dub)
02  It's a sin (Miami mix)
03  Domino dancing (Base mix)
04  Before (classic caradise edit)
05  New York City boy (Almighty definitive mix)
06  E-mail
07  It's alright (short 10" version)
08  A red letter day (Motiv8 12" master mix)
09  Where the streets have no name
       (I can't take my eyes off you) (12" dance mix)
10  Was it worth it? (12" mix)
11  Young offender
       (Jam & Spoon Trip-O-Matic Fairy Tale megamix)

ArtMix01

01  Left to my own devices (the disco mix)
02  I don't know what you want but
       I can't give it any more (the Young Collective remix)
03  Flamboyant
04  Being boring (extended version)
05  Can you forgive her? (MK remix edit)
06  West End Girls (10" version)
07  I get along (album version)
08  So hard (extended dance mix)
09  Rent (extended mix)
10  How can you expect to be taken seriously? (extended mix)
11  To step aside (quiet mix)

ArtMix02

01  Jealousy (extended version)
02  DJ Culturemix
03  You only tell me you love me
        when you're drunk (live in Houston Oct 1999)
04  Liberation
05  Paninaro '95 (Pet Shop Boys extended mix)
06  Opportunities (let's make lots of money ) (original 7" version)
07  Yesterday when I was mad (Coconut 1 12" mix)
08  Single-Bilingual
09  London
10  Somewhere (extended mix)
11  Transparent
12  Miserablism (electromix by Moby)

A few additions were in order.  The new b-sides, London, HCYETBTS?,
obviously.  TSA is justified by it's release as a double A-side in the US.
E-mail by it's (brief) inclusion in the IGA video.  Young offender (megamix
is parts 1 & 2 together) and Miserablism just because I like them!  Young
offender should probably be on one of the Art discs, but it fit there, and
segues into the Art set.

--Dk