[Introspective] Discography 2 tracks, was: Final results of the final round of the Rating Project

Two divided by zero 2by0 at twodividedbyzero.com
Mon Aug 11 10:10:32 PDT 2003

Grant Whittingham wrote:

> Quoting Two divided by zero <2by0 at twodividedbyzero.com>:
>> I'm curious now, there's room for speculation about that? I mean, if the
>> greatest hits are the complete singles collection (as the first Discography
>> is) the row of tracks is the singles starting where Discography left off and
>> finishing in the last single from Release.
>
> My understanding is that the record company want a single disc retrospective
> (could be a good name for the album - Retrospective) of their whole career,
> and
> not a Discography 2.  So, it won't continue on from Discography.  A shame
> really.  I know what I would prefer.

I understand what you meaning, but if the people at EMI/Parlophone had yet a
little intelligence left (they loose a lot of it in this RIAA x Napster x
Morpheus matter) they will release the Discography 2 and reissue the first
Discography, making 2 sales out of one release.

But this will be only if they believe that this hypotetical Discography 2
has commercial material on it. Maybe people at EMI don't think that these
latest singles from PSB are commercial enough. Let's see what happens.

Another thought: Maybe this new greatest hits album will be a double CD, so
it could have all the singles released previously. A Discography 1 + 2
album.

[]s

2/0

---
Check out TWO DIVIDED BY ZERO new track:

I | N | T | R | O | S | P | E | C | T | I | V | E
http://www.twodividedbyzero.com/music/trax/introspective.mp3
from the forthcoming album A P P E A R E N C E
http://www.twodividedbyzero.com
mailto:contact at twodividedbyzero.com